Sunday, February 16, 2020

Facebook Discussion About The Dump Experience

Having some good Facebook discussions about THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP with several new Facebook friends.


New children working the garbage at night, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot garbage dump, Mae Sot, Thailand 2018



BK



 Sensational!
ECC
It’s a beautifully sad picture. It is heartbreaking that families have to live that way anywhere. 
Your pictures are amazing.
Gerry Yaum yes, especially the children. Thank you for your kind words. Here is another story about another child from that same family. Check it out if you have time Elaine..thanks https://gerryyaum.blogspot.com/2018/02/coughing-baby.html
ECC
thank you for sharing. You know what’s, in a strange way, even sadder? The kids that live in comparative luxury but aren’t loved that much...
Gerry Yaum t really puts things in perspective. I remember coming back from the dump one year. I was in the dump for several weeks making pics daily in December, doing the other donation work etc. Then I flew directly and quickly back to Canada and within a few days of my arrival was having a HUGE Christmas dinner with my dad, mom and family family. Ham, Turkey, Pyrogies, Cabbage rolls, Meatballs, Salads of various types, Potatoes and other fresh veggies, Cranberry sauce, gravy, 3 or 4 deserts etc. It was an incredible feast. As I looked at all that food, and saw everyone laughing and enjoying it, I was somewhere else. My mind thou kept on going back to the dump, it was a very difficult meal to enjoy. I kept having flashbacks to the kids in the garbage, to the people working so hard in such filth. That moment for me really put my life in perspective, really focused me on how privileged and incredibly lucky I am.