Monday, December 9, 2019

Karate Kid? Nope, Karate OLD DUDE

On Sunday I paid a visit to the Dojo of  my former Karate Sensei (teacher). My plan was to watch a class and decide whether I wanted to start up with Karate again. I ended up joining the class and doing 1 hour and 30 minutes of Karate! A very nice work out, was sweating quite a bit. I was pleasantly pleased that even thou I had been away from the art for 25 years, I was able to do and remember reasonably well!

Back when I was much younger I studied Karate on and off for about 5 years. It might be fun to get back into it and use it as a way to get into better physical shape for the coming “Kanata” cross Canada photo project.

Not sure how long I can continue to do both Aikido and Karate on my off work weeks. Being 55 years old I need to be careful, I do not hurt myself. The idea of all this exercise stuff is to allow me to make pictures into my old age, to hurt myself leading to no pictures in my old age!

I will take it slow and listen to my body. So far so good, a day of working out followed by a day of recovery, seemed to go OK. Last week it was Aikido Monday, Aikido Wednesday and Karate Sunday.