Saturday, December 21, 2019

Aikido Soreness

Did my 4th Aikido class last night, today my entire body is sore. I do not have any minor or major injuries but everything body wise feels sore and hurts. My feet hurt, toes, hands, fingers, shoulders and skin hurt. Yesterdays Aikido class was pretty intense, lots of flips and turns, wrist locks and falls of various kinds. I was doing lots of front rolls for the first time, plus back falls for the first time. The dojo is filled with many black belts with 10, 20, 30 years experience so a white belt like myself has lots of generous and helpful teachers. It is a great place to learn, a great place to improve both physically and mentally. Am loving Aikido so far!

Aikido when done right seems magical to me, it is like the master teacher has special powers to do things others cannot do. Some of the things I have seen in class just blow my mind, magic is the only way I can describe it. The strength of Aikido is not because of outward muscle strength, force but instead comes from a inner centre core and understanding of peace and relaxation. When your performing the art your at total peace in the centre of the aggressors hurricane. It is rather amazing to see it in action. I now partly understand why Aikido is called the beautiful martial art.

Am off the martial arts for a while now, a Christmas-New Years break. I will do my 6th Aikido class on January 3rd and my 2nd Karate class on January 5. Things are starting to come together a bit now in Aikido, I need to get back into the Karate spirit as well.