Monday, December 9, 2019

2019 Photo Of Nui-Ooh

from facebook post...

Just scanned a new picture of young Nui-Ooh in the Mae Sot Garbage dump. This photo is from last trip, 2019. The pic was made as she was walking back to her dump shack adjacent to the garbage. I have been photographing her all the way back to my first trips to the garbage dump in 2013. She has lived in the filth all of her life, and always watches me with her sad, straight forward gaze when I photograph her. You can also see a video of her and her young brother on the link. It never enough thou. I think often of her future, such a lovely child with such a limited chance at a better life. Will she raise her children in the garbage dump as well?
Her father and mother are extremely hard working, her father I call the "Hardest Working Man In The Dump", I will often see him go out first into the garbage very early. In 2017-2018 I would usually arrive around 4am and he would be the first worker around 5am, usually 30 minutes or more before anyone else arrived. He would look through the garbage from the day before for anything that had been missed. We have donated a fair amount to her family, money, medicine, boots, headlamps, food, candy etc. Life there is very hard for them. Hope the pics can lead to more help.
Nui-ooh 2019
Nui-ooh 2013
Nui-ooh 2015-16
Nui-ooh 2015-16