Sunday, December 22, 2019

Found Dad Film

Found one film all rolled up and hidden away on the Zone VI enlarger base during my recent darkroom clean up. Here are some scans. We lost Dad back on Feb 22, 2015 (almost 5 years now). The pics were taken during one of his 2 major hospital stays, I believe it was the first one, soon after his diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer.   I would go visit dad before work each night shift. Sometimes we would talk, other times dad was sleeping.

My father let me photograph his last 13 months, telling his story. Usually think of dad multiple times a day, he was always there for me. I could rely on my dad everyday of our lives together, he was just always there when I needed him. Miss just talking to him, would love to talk to him about anything now, anything at all.

Forgotten film, forgotten negs are often the most wonderful. Sort of like discoing a message from a bottle, a window into a forgotten past. I still have a few rolls of undeveloped film from 40 years or so back, wonder what is there.

Got to get my lazy ass back to Thai soon, to continue making pics. I miss handling film!

Note* Pics made on Tri-x, using a Leica M6, not sure of lens used.

Dad sleeping-resting in hospital, 2014