Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Turntable And Classical Records

Got me a used turntable today, a Hitachi HT-1 and some classical records!! I just set it up and everything works great and sounds quite nice in darkroom #2. The guy I bought from was a bit of an audio file (wall of records) with some high end turntable equipment in the room. He probably upgraded from the Hitachi to another more expensive unit.

The seller wanted $30 for the record player, go it for $25. This turntable will serve me nicely and for $25 even if breaks down, it is not a big loss. For the records he wanted $45, I got them for $40. So for a grand total of an additional $65 I my darkroom #2 sound system fleshed out. I can play cassettes, Cd's or LPs with the speakers or the cordless headphones.

The records were an especially good deal as I got 16 different composers, with 4 records per box set (16 box sets). I now have a total of 64 records to play on my new system, in my darkroom. They are from the Time-Life series so also have a booklet talking about the life of each composer. So not only will this be great music to work by, I will also learn a bit about classical movie history. Learning is never a bad thing!

Note* The Sony stereo cost $25, the extra Pioneer speakers $10, the Hitachi record player $25 and free Sony cordless stereo headphones. So my entire sound system cost me $60. The 64 classical records $40. There is years of happiness, contentment and joy in that $100 investment. Am really looking forward to listening to this music as I make Platinum-Palladion, Wet Plate Collodion and possibly Carbon Transfer prints in this new space. I feel grand today,  have so much hope for the future.

Here is the look of the gear and records:

Hitachi HT-1 record player, not an expensive unit, but it will serve me fine
16 classical composures on 64 records
Hitachi record player with the Sony stereo system, plus tapes, Cds and records.