Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Trailer Darkroom Sink

I am starting to prepare for my mobile darkroom trailer build. This trailer will be used as part of my eventual major wet plate project "KANATA". Today I found a sink and made a deal on it. The sink retails on Home Depot new for $199. I got mine off Kijiji for $80. Will pick up my new working tool this coming weekend. Eventually I plan on buying a small 6x10 foot utility trailer to install this baby in. :) Got to plan ahead baby!

The lighter weight of the plastic versus a metal sink-cabinet set up should also help with the overall weight of the trailer and the corresponding amount of gas I will use up hauling this thing cross country. I will have to attach it to the trailer floor somehow and also rig up plumbing to it, just in case I can access outside water lines-sewage. If I am running the darkroom in the open field (more likely) I will run the waste water into a storage tank and get my running water from camping style bottled water containers.

Hope this thing works for me, I think it should.

My new-used darkroom trailer sink