Sunday, February 24, 2019

Facebook: 228lbs

The slow steady weight lost continues. Last time I weighed myself 1 month ago I was at 233lbs, down from 250lbs in December. Today I weigh 228lbs. My original goal was 225 lbs (am 6 foot 2.5 inches), but will now try to reach 220lbs or a bit lower before I depart to Thailand in May.
At 54 years of age, working under a burning sun, in a garbage dump, carrying camera gear and heavy things like rice and rubber boots, I needed to lose some poundage. Things are looking positive and slowly changing. My weight loss is mostly the result of watching what I eat, counting calories, and a bit of exercise (need to up the BIT part). 

Like always, everything positive that happens in my life has a direct connection to photography. Got to love it!

Am excited about the coming 7 week Thai trip, more photos, more adventures, more positive memories and another $1110 CAD to hand out in goods to the families who work the garbage.

Here is a selection of "Families of the Dump" photos, taken from 2013 to 2016. If I am repeat posting some of these sorry about that, just at work (security guard nights in Canada), making do with what I can find online.

Hope to turn some of these type images into Platinum-Palladium prints in the coming years. That is the main reason I put together the darkroom #2 (recent posts).

"Families of the Dump" 2016---working the garbage.

"Families of the Dump" 2015----Young Nui Ooh.

"Families of the Dump" 2016--young boy with Thanaka on face in his family shack.

"Families of the Dump" 2016--second family boy.
"Families of the Dump" 2015----Family in their home.
"Families of the Dump" 2013---New family, boys sleeping on the garbage.
"Families of the Dump" 2013---oldest family daughter.
"Families of the Dump" 2013---mother feeding her young boy between garbage truck work sessions.

"Families of the Dump" 2013---pouting.

"Families of the Dump" 2013 --- found book.