Thursday, February 28, 2019

Submitted Work To The Washington Post

Just did up a submission (while working days in the guard shack!!) to the Washington Post and their "In Sight" photography section. Hopefully they will publish the work, which would raise awareness and help for the families at the dump.

Here is the little straight forward blurb that I sent them, and the 20 images I submitted. Also sent them a bunch of links.

"Families of the Dump" details the lives of Burmese refugees (mostly Karen and Mon ethnic groups) who live and work the Mae Sot Thailand garbage dump. I have been photographing and doing donation work with them (donating headlamps, rubber boots, medicines, school supplies, rice along with lollipops and other treats for the children) for 5 years. The family members have become my friends. We work together to make their lives better. I make the photographs, people in Canada and the USA see the photos, donate money and then I return to continue making more pictures and spending the donation money wisely. In Canada I work as a security guard, YAUM means security guard in the Thai language, my real name is ----- --------- , I prefer to put the Yaum name on photo things, this is not about me. There are hundreds of write ups about "Families of the Dump" on my blog page. Please see the links if you have time. 

Thank you 

"Families of the Dump" Back Story
Washington Post "In Sight" Submission Form

"Families of the dump, 2016
"Families of the dump, 2015
"Families of the dump, 2015
"Families of the dump, 2016
"Families of the dump, 2015
"Families of the dump, 2015
"Families of the dump, 2016
"Families of the dump, 2015
"Families of the dump, 2016
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2013
"Families of the dump, 2015