Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My Plant Comes Thru!!, Donation Heaven

The industrial plant I work security at came through for me big time!! I sent out a general e-mail to everyone on site (90+ folks) asking for any spare contractor baseball caps they had. Today when I came to the security guardhouse for my night shift 25 new hats were waiting for me (maybe more will follow). Way to go folks, thanks so much! In my email I had attached some photos from the 2013 dumps shoots. The photographs were of adults and children working and living in the garbage. Those pictures along with a detailed account of what I was doing and why I needed the hats, got the job done. Who says social documentary photography does not work! One lady was even going to take the children dump photos home to her young sons so they could see them and would donate their hats for children at the dump. You got to love that, making photos that then affect peoples lives in positive ways.

"Ain't Photography Grand!!"

I was also able to get 5 sets of nice used rubber boots (steel toe) from my boss here at work. The boots were heading to another donation but I managed to snag 5 of the smaller sized pairs for Asian feet (8 and 9s). I will take 2 pairs with me this trip and 3 pairs with me next trip to donate to the "Families of the Dump".

It was a good day : )).

The 2 sets of boots I will be bring to Thai to donate this trip, sizes 8 and 9
25 hats and  the other 3 boots pairs all size 9