Sunday, October 4, 2015

Blogs From The 2nd trip: Differences

Today after borrowing the National Parks pass from work, I was able to visit Jasper National park. I am camping now in Whistler campground, the weather is very nice considering it is October 1, soon in Canada the snow will fly! Hopefully the weather will hold. I brought my 80mm Rolleiflex F and my Linhof 5x7 with 210mm lens (only) to practise with.

This is another one of those strange changing worlds life experiences that I go through periodically. I am her in the quite clean air mountains of Canada, surrounded by wild animals (saw 3 Elk and 9 Bighorn Sheep on the drive in today). Next month I will be in the dump of Mae Sot Thailand photographing Burmese refugees family and children living and working in garbage. 

It is so strange! How do I reconcile those differences in my mind. When I return from Asia, I will have Xmas dinner with the family. All kinds of foods, all kinds of everything, so so different than my time in Thai will be.

Two very different worlds I will live in before 2016. You learn much about yourself when faced with those challenges and you also learn how extremely lucky you are to have choices in life, choices to do what you want, when you want and where you want.

Note* Before leaving Edmonton, I was able to pick up a Thai Tourist Visa at the conveniently located
Edmonton Thai Royal Consulate. I will not have to leave Thailand on my arrival, I have 60 days

in country, and will be staying 49. The visa cost is $40.