Sunday, July 28, 2013

Darkroom Discipline

I need to improve my darkroom discipline. I have hundreds maybe thousands of negs I should try to print but often I find myself lacking in the discipline required to get in there and print them. My darkroom is state of the art, I have more enlargers than most people have children, the room is covered from floor to roof with negatives, photo papers and chemistry yet I do not print as much as I should. I need to focus more, I need to work harder in the darkroom. Brett Weston has to be an inspiration for me, an example I must follow.

Quote: Brett Weston
"All my energy goes into my work. That's why I'm prolific. I work 8 days a week. I get up and print at 3:00 in the morning. I 've always done this, for the last 40 years."

Come on Gerry, work harder, don't make excuses, creation of new work is all that matters, time is running out. My goal should be to print photos or develop film every remaining day of my life.