Friday, November 2, 2012

Indiegogo.com "Families of the Mae Sot Garbage Dump" Online Fundraiser

Met a new friend this last week a photographer named Owen M who lives here in Edmonton. Owen kindly told me about a online fundraising site called kickstarter but I could not get that working with a Canadian address, with some research I found the Indiegogo.com site which allows Canadian addresses. I submitted a campaign for my "Families of the Mae Sot Garbage Dump" project and am hoping for the best. Not sure this will lead to anything but its worth trying, this project and the creation of these photographs is very important, I need to tell the story of these forgotten people. If this funding method goes nowhere and if the Alberta for the Arts grant falls through I will just have to find a way to save money and fund it all on my own.

Here is the link to my fundraising campaign, please contribute if you can or forward it to others who might be able to help, THANKS

http://www.indiegogo.com/FamilesMaeSotGarbageDump?a=1700461