Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another Jobo Bites The Dust

I worked to hard developing film today and killed another Jobo machine, my 5 or 6th something like that lost count now. I will go to my backup now, a machine I purchased cheap awhile back. I push these damn machines to hard today I did 6 rounds of negs before I blew the motor AGAIN!

I need to be more careful and disciplined, I cannot afford to keep buying and destroying these f-ckin machines. From now on I will try to do only 2 rounds of film a day with this last machine and when I have finished going through the rest of the white background 2012 film I will only use this machine for B/W 4x5 or color film.

I will need to learn how to develop the 8x10 film of the future either in tanks or trays, no options left. Sturges does his 8x10 in a tray, I can follow the same cheaper and hopefully less frustrating path. I also bought some special style development trays a while back might try those again.

A frustrating day all around.