Thursday, November 22, 2012

Going Simple In San Francisco

Well I am off to San Francisco in a few hours, I want to keep everything simple photographically this trip. I will travel with 1 Leica M6 and 1 lens (tri-elmar 28-35-50 F4) along with a bag of Tri-x.  Going simple like this I can concentrate on my photographs and forget about all the gadgetry. I just want to see, feel and make pics.

I was printing some 35mm work this last week and I found I really loved the look and grain of the small negs enlarged to 16x20. The grain, contrast and look of these prints is really exciting to me again. Years ago all I shot was 35mm b/w and I am back shooting in that way again, I guess we always go back to our roots. Going back to the way we shot when we first fell in love with photography seems a natural to me.

This San Fran trip should be a blast, I want to see lots of photography shows, want to make pictures with my Leica and hopefully catch the David Goldblat lecture. I am not sure how much blog stuff I will do so there might be a lull.

Anyway, going to get a bit of rest before my flight.