Saturday, June 16, 2012

Good Couple Of Days Printing

Did quite a bit of printing over the last few days, 5 hours or so yesterday and another 6 hours or so today. I only worked with 4x5 negs making them into 8x10 finer prints, that much neg and that little paper makes for some high res beautiful toned images.

I printed and got to learn 7 or 8 different negs which will help if I want to print any of them larger (16x20) for the Klong Toey solo show in March. I need to work hard on this solo show, choose the best images and make the best prints I can. I will need to save some money to buy some more 16x20 paper as I only have a few boxes now and expect to go through lots of during the printing process.

Trying to print 4 times a week on my weeks off is a good idea, I am bound to become a better printer as a result. I can trying new things, work with different papers and developers, get better all around. The 8x10 size paper is pretty small but it allows me to print and see many negs on fibber paper without spending to much money.

Was up all night printing, will clean up and then go down to place some new work at Dauphine Bakery with other guys from the guild.