Wednesday, May 16, 2012

One Promotes The Other

Sent my youtube video of the opening that I made up to various people I know including the good folks at the VAAA who are currently showing the work, unexpectedly they put the video on their Facebook and twitter pages. I guess these things all intermingle and spread from one to the other. We all help each other in this process and things spread everywhere.

I thought of the video as a fun thing to do, fun to learn the editing software, fun to put it all together. I think thou its a bit of a promotional tool as well, it helps promote the subjects of the photographs as well as my work in general bit.

Also sent out the video to 2 people at the AGA which is the largest and most important museum in the province (the place that rejected me twice recently). I doubt anything will come of the AGA part of this but they are nice folks and who knows, little by little it might make a difference and someday maybe some work of some kind will be shown there.

http://www.facebook.com/VisualArtsAlbertaAssociation