Saturday, May 26, 2012

AGSA Prints Completed

Well I made the deadline for the 2 small 12x12 framed photos I owed the AGSA (Art Gallery of St. Albert). It is always a nice feeling to make a deadline and this is also for a good cause. The prints if they sell will go for $200, $100 for the gallery and $100 for me to buy some film. Hopefully its a win/win for both of us. I was able to make up the frames for almost free ($1.50 or so for corner hardware). I had several pieces of short frame sections left over from the cuts made for the larger 20x24 frames and I got free acrylic for the front from my friend Rob who also cut the frames sections for me for free (thanks Rob!). The mat board used for the overmat plus backing as well as the foam core for the frame were all left over pieces. The photo paper for the prints was a bit expensive as I made about 15 prints to get the 2 I liked. Overall thou I will be showing a bit of a profit if they sell, which means I might get a free box of 4x5 film and as a bonus I am also contributing to a good cause, raising money for a small art gallery.