Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Jobo Processsor Down Again

Lost my 3rd Jobo processor tonight. I put hundreds of sheets of film through these things and when they work they work great but I have also had many problems, with the agitation motor, the pumps, the temp control. I did 60 sheets or so yesterday and after my first 10 today the motor that agitates the expert tanks holding the film stopped working.

Gosh I am already really struggling to get things paid for now, and now I have this machine break down again. I have to go online and pay another $1000 or so to track down my 4th machine.  I have around 300 sheets of undeveloped 8x10 and maybe 400 sheets of 4x5 left and no working processor, this hurts, down again.

I also have to pay for a large film order that runs another $3000. Looks like I will not be developing any sheet film for at least 1 month maybe longer. I need to not get to down (having problems sleeping thinking of all this money stuff), need to work my way through this slowly.

Going to do the first of dads "My Father At 80" series today at 3pm. I am excited about using dads Deardorff for the first time (can't develop the film yet!). I am also going shooting with the boys from the Monochrome Guild over the weekend. They do a spring shoot every year as a group before the hotel prices spike. There are 6 of us sharing expenses for a 3 day 2 night photo weekend so it should not cost to much. Making pictures always makes me feel good, looking forward to doing that and forgetting about this Jobo crap.