Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jody Ake Collodion Photographer

I might be taking a workshop with this photographer later in the year. He creates wonderful images using the old wet plate collodion process. I would love to at some point to do portraits and landscapes in this process in Asia (thou I should actually try the process before committing to it!).

I have been interested in learning this process for several years a workshop (my first ever) would allow me to learn faster and speed through the mistakes that happen when your learning something new. I am 48 and getting older by the minute, I do not want to waste to much time screwing up (have done plenty of that for plenty of years). I want to learn collodion from a pro teacher and then make my own photographs as quickly as possible.

One kind of cool thing is with wet plate collodion you make your own film on glass plates, that should be fun! When I can do that, I no longer need Kodak to survive to make photos!

Check out the link to Jody's work, some wonderful portraits.

http://www.JODYAKE.com/work.html





All photographs by Jody Ake