Friday, May 18, 2012

Alberta Open Rejection

Well I got a rejection letter for this years Alberta photo open today. I seem to be hit or miss with this competition, this year I submitted 2 sex worker portraits which never seem the chosen as well as 3 Klong Toey portraits. Last year I got 2 accepted photographs, one image that eventually went on to Calgary but this year nothing. Oh well will have 30-40 photos hanging in the same Edmonton Kaasa Gallery space in March of next year. A bit disappointed with the rejection because this years Alberta open stuff is going to hang in the Calgary Jubilee as well, guess I will try again next year.

They chose 33 photos out of over 300 submitted. If I am not working I will go check out the exhibition, hopefully they chose a good selection of portraits as well as the usual landscape stuff.