Saturday, May 26, 2012

Box Sets?

Making up the little 8x10 prints for the AGSA fundraiser got me thinking that I might like to work along similar lines this next week off work. I have loads of 8x10 finer paper that has been sitting in my darkroom for years and I was able to get a bunch of 8x10 Ilford fiber paper cheap recently. Why not use all that paper in a positive way? I have paid for the stuff already might as well try and use it somehow.

I was thinking the way to go might be to do limited box sets of 5 or 10 (not sure the number maters as my history is I do not sell these things!). I could try doing a variety of subjects in these small box sets, 7 to 10 archival/toned/matted prints per box. Maybe and its a big maybe I can sell a few of these sets on Ebay which would help with the film purchases for my next over seas trip which will probably be in the spring/early summer of 2013 (if I get my art grant from the province).

The subjects for the limited edition box sets might be:

Ero (medium and 35mm)

Klong Toey Boxer (4x5 with flash)

Bell Klong Toey Slum Boxer, Thailand 2011

Bargirl (medium and 35mm)

Long Bargirl in Shortime Sex Room, Thailand 2008

Ladyboy Sex Worker (the 4x5, medium and 35mm images not the white background shots)

Ladyboy Sex Worker in Shortime Room, Thailand 2011

I might try working on the boxer box set next week, I have been looking forward to printing that work.