Thursday, February 24, 2011

Survivors Of The Khmer Rouge

Saw a photo today in B/W magazine of a lady from Cambodia titled "A Survivor of the Cambodian genocide". The photo was pretty good not great but quite effective. It got me thinking about doing a photo series of portraits on that subject, people who survived the Khmer Rouge (in Cambodia thats a high percentage of the people currently living there). I could also include brief biographical information. In book form the portrait could be on one page the short bio on the opposite. the problem is I can only speak a few words of Khmer, how to talk and learn about the peoples lives? Need a translator/helper.

I do not want to spread myself to thin with working on "Khon Thai" and all but I have always been fascinated by Cambodia ever since seeing the movie "The Killing Fields" as a younger man.