Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Framing

I have 2 group shows scheduled for this year and am trying to figure out the best way to frame them. I want the frames to look nice but I also want try and use as many as I can in both shows. The idea at present is to make 10 white metal frames measuring 20x24 that are about 1 1/2 inches off the wall. I will get the over mats cut professionally as I am rather lousy at that but will probably have one standard frame size. I can use the frames for my May show where I will have different size images (from different format cameras, 35mm, 6x6, 6x9 and 4x5) all printed on 16x20 paper and my October show where I plan on having all prints the same size printed on 16x20 paper or slightly smaller printed on 20x24 paper.

I do not plan on mounting any of the photographs as that is generally considered to be not archival (sorry Ansel!), they will be hung archivaly under an over mat in the white metal 20x24 frames.