Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some More 120 6x9 Scans

I so want to go back to Klong Toey in Bangkok and do more portraits, I only did 5 days a total of maybe 15-20 hours in Klong Toey last trip but it was a wonderful experience and yielded some very human portraits. What kind of images could be made if I spent 5 weeks there shooting upwards of 10 hours a day? How would it change me? Would I become angry? sad? depressed? joyful? more compassionate? I want to show the true nature of the people there, the good the bad, the sad the happy. I feel a need to tell a larger picture than I have told before. I need to understand their lives better to live with them if I can and to make as many friends as I can manage. Got to improve my Thai, damn its not good enough! It is fricking tough to learn a language, been working on and off with my Thai since 1999 but still far from fluent. How can I even begin to understand the lives of the people of Klong Toey if I cannot speak to them on any subject? If I could stay in the country 5 years in a row the words would come to me but this hopping back and forth between Canada and Thailand with shorter and shorter times just ain't cutting it. Just when my language skills start to improve I fly off.