Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Excited About Photographs To Come

Starting to prepare for my next Thai trip. Next week plan to work with the Linhof 4x5 doing a series of head shots of my father. I am going to try to using a reflector during the shoot as Jock Sturges suggested. His words to me were something like "If you do not use reflectors in your technique then you have no technique." (or words to that effect). Will try do some heads of dad next week with the 4x5 and also some 1/2 and full body portraits in available light if it is not to damn cold outside (-15C now).

I am depressed thou that I cannot go to Thailand sooner and make photos. I so wanted to go early in the new year but I am not sure that is possible. The $2500 film costs, plus the $1100 for chemistry and the costs of framing the coming May show (another $1000? or more?) really put a damper on me returning to Thailand sooner. I will try my best to save a much money as I can over the next while, I need to return to Thailand to continue the Khon Thai work.