Thursday, April 20, 2023

Setup Drying Tent

Set up the wet plate drying tent for the first time today. They said 45 seconds, took me 10 minutes. Probably will take 30-40 minutes in the field, where I will need to put in the tent stakes and attach the tie down ropes.

I will need to figure out the best way to secure the zipper front door out of the way, so I can carry the large mammoth plates in without damage. 

I will place plastic shelves and tables inside the tent for the glass plates to dry on. I might need to do washing in the tent as well. That will require me to figure out how to run the agitation pumps and hoses to the super large washing trays. I will also need to carry a ton of water.

The tent will prevent debris from falling on the plates and give me some privacy and protection. It will give me a larger work area for the mammoth work ahead, 20x24 inch and 35x35 inch Ambrotypes.I have cover sheets for all the screens if necessary.

I might end up buying a second tent if needed. This one is the cheaper copycat VEVOR version. It seems well made. 128 inches across, 89 inch middle height, 70 inch wall height.

Hope this works!!