Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A Dream Come True!

So something unique happened today. Its one of those selfish life moments, but occasionally we are all allowed a few of those.

I started photography at 14 years of age. Soon after I began I started to read photo magazines and soon after that I started to dream of someday having my photos in such a magazine. The dream was. I go to the local store. See a photo magazine. I open up the mag and inside is a story with my photographs in it.
 
Well it only took 45 years but today that little dream finally came true. I first went to an Edmonton Chapters Bookstore, then to the magazine section, where I found a copy of "Black&White" magazine. I opened the magazine to page number 66 where photos from THE PEOPLE WHO LIVE UNDER THE FREEWAY and THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP INSIDE.
 
The mag also has a great interview (by David Best) and the cover photo (Khun Oye from Under the Freeway series). A nice bonus, a cherry on top, for that 14 year old boys dream come true. 
 
I also moved some of the magazines up to the front row! Bad Gerry!
 
I picked up 3 extra magazines.
 
Note* There are 11 photos from the projects,  plus Mr. Best's interview in the issue. Please pick up your copy!
 
Got me 3 extra mags, a free one was also mailed to me.