Saturday, April 29, 2023

Bought Me A Trailer Hitch Cupler Lock

A few years back my father's 1/2-ton truck with canopy was stolen from the driveway of our house here in Edmonton. Eventually the truck was recovered minus the canopy and with quite a bit of damage. I needed the truck so had it repaired at a substantial cost. 

Ever since that time I have been worried about things being stolen from the driveway. Fast forward to today and I have my darkroom trailer (cost $8700 plus improvements and gear) parked on that same driveway. I have implemented a bunch of security measures, but I still constantly worry the trailer will be stolen. Every time I drive home I kind of hold my breath hoping the trailer is still in the driveway. I worry about it being stolen all the time.

I have so many dreams connected with the trailer and what I can create in that darkroom. Losing it would be devastating. All those possible Ambrotypes would be lost forever. It would be heartbreaking.

Today I finally decided to go ahead and buy a top end "Hitch Cupler Lock"(I currently have a cheaper one installed). This new unit will provide max protection against theft. It is very expensive, but maybe it will allow me some peace of mind, maybe it will allow me to make my ambrotypes! I need to stop worrying about the trailer being stolen.