Friday, August 13, 2021

Preparing The Darkroom Trailer For Trip

Preparing for a 10-15 night trip to work on the wet plate project. Today for the first time I hooked up the solar panel to the 2nd darkroom trailer. This is the battery that the inverter draws off. The idea is to eventually place this panel on the roof of the trailer. I want to first have a roof platform builtCy on top of the trailer (hopefully) to allow for me to make photos from an elevated position.

I am also using my 12v air compressor dot the first time to fill all the trailer tires to 70 PSI (tires say 80 PSI). All the tires were low around 40 PSI.

Update: Changed out the car lead acid battery for a much better marine deep cycle type. These deep cycle batteries work better with solar power. I will get a second battery of the same type later when I have more money and run it in parallel with the first.
 
Solar for the battery inverter power