Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Answer To A Facebook Friend About 35x35 Inch Plate Making

STEVE. I sort of wanted a system where I could easily set up the camera and do tests using the set up as is. Wanted 1 lens, 1 bellows extension, same same stuff. Talking to the big guys who do ULF (LG, KM), standardization and eliminating unnecessary variables is paramount to any success at all. This is tough stuff as you well know Steve. I have been told simplification is the key, standardize and simplify as much as you can, eliminate all the variables you can. I have been thinking a lot of the 35x35 inch work and how hard it will be. I will probably need to shoot it over a 3 or 4 day period at one location. Allowing for set up, and take down and the making of the images which will be a very slow process. The whole thing will no doubt be exhausting, especially as I age and slow down. I will be doing 95% of the work myself. Was thinking of building a tent round the whole thing, protecting from wind, rain and onlookers. Lots to learn and figure out first. Very excited thou at the possibilities. The possibilities are always so exciting. The photos that MIGHT be!