Saturday, August 28, 2021

A Fun Day Of 4x5 Plates

In Lake Louise campground for three nights. Yesterday was a good day of shooting, did 7+ hours. Started out poorly, problems with the first 5 or 6  “4x5”plates after that though the next 14+ plates were quite nice.

I ended up doing a complete field wash on 8 “4x5” plates and brought another 8 back to the campsite for washing. I think I did about 5 different set-ups using either the 90mm or 300mm and Gerry (sorry about that name) collodion (older and newer mixes).

For the in the field  wash I did 3 trays of water with about 1 hour of constant agitation on each using the agitation pump in s 16x20 tray. The pump runs off a battery/inverter/solar system.

An exhausting but good day. Will try varnishing/ blackening a few plates here inn the campground. I want to be able to complete 100% of the eventual ultra large plates in the field, starting thou with these small ones.

“Ain’t Photography Grand!”