Thursday, March 12, 2020

Thoughts The Nui-ooh Image

LS appreciate the image very much. What comes to mind are the disturbing images of children running from terror and the assassination from a gunshot to the head in the Vietnam War. These images were disturbing. If the WWW existed in the 1960s, the images would have had more immediate but equivalent power. In fact, I am sure their print publication evoked similar accusations of inappropriateness. Squelching expression is not something I support, even though there are many things I disagree with, especially on the unfiltered WWW.

LS Looking at this image, I feel the image I posted today while (to me) aesthetically pleasing is pointless. It makes me question why I take pictures of such inert things. I don't have the courage to photograph human suffering..

GERRY YAUM  L...thank you so much for your kind words. I have always preferred photos with a human story in it, that is what I love. Telling the stories of forgotten people. After saying all of that where would the world be without the Ansel's of the world? Lifting our spirits and inspiring our souls with the majesty of the natural world. There are many types of important photography, we all have different visions. Follow your heart and chase yours down.

 The Eddie Addams photo of the police chief educating a Viet Cong suspect in Saigon during the Vietnam War has always been powerful photograph that helped end the Vietnam War. Sometimes photography can save lives.


Nui-ooh walks the garbage, THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP, Mae Sot garbage dump, Mae Sot, Thailand 2019