Friday, March 6, 2020

Good News, Photos For Sale In LA, To Help THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP


Got some good news tonight. An online friend will help with selling some photos in Los Angeles. Portraits from the FAMILIES OF THE DUMP SERIES. I will send them the files from 5 recently edited photos and my friend will print them out and try to sell them at a photography showcase at a warehouse in LA. All money earned will of course go directly back to the families in the dump. Will use the money (if any photos are bought) to buy, boots, headlamps, food, medicines and candy for the kids. Will post more details later.

This is what I love about social documentary photography, it is not about the 'CONCEITED ARTIST" me, me, me thing, but is instead about helping those in need, helping the people in the pictures. Here's hoping we can make some sales together in Los Angeles!

Am also looking at buying an Air Ticket to Thailand soon. Because of the Corona Virus, tickets are currently $400-600 CAD cheaper. A bit risky to go but the end justifies things in my mind, hopefully things will calm down by the time I fly around August/September. I need to continue the photo and humanitarian work. Sitting back on my lazy ass in Canada, being afraid, does not work for me. I need to get out there and make pictures.
I also want to shoot my new/used Hasselblad.


Want to do up some of those large exhibition pictures for the UNB Art Centre exhibition with some higher res files. The 44 inch tall prints they are going to print for the show, are a bit intimidating to me. Need to make some new pics with the Blad during the 2020, and 2021 trips before the 2022 exhibition in New Brunswick.