Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Possible Silkscreen Burner Buy

Went to see a very large silk screen burner today at a shop here in Edmonton. If we can make a deal I might buy the unit to do Platinum printing and also silk screening. There are issues with the machine It is so large I would have to dissemble it and the re assemble it so I can get it through the house doors. The burn unit would also require a 20 amp cable-plug so I might have to call in a electrician or use an adapter or adapaters (safe?) in a 220v 40amp stove plug. Dad has 3 of those 220v plugs in the basement because he had 3 stoves running at one point while working the farmers market (dad worked so so hard all his life).

They wanted $575 for the unit plus a bunch of silk screen printing supplies. Because I might have to call in an electrician and also because I will have to do lots of work taking the thing apart (might not work later) and re assembling in the house I offered $275-$300. I hope they go for it, I will use the burner to make silk screen art (that will be fun) and also platinum prints (super fun). I plan on trying to sell the platinum prints to raise money to help the families in the dump. They are relying on me, I hope this works out. The platinum print work could lead to making children smile. What is better than that?

This silkscreen burner, if can get the deal done, if I can get it assembled in the house and if I can power it up will do LARGE prints. I should be able to do up to around 29 inches x 50 inches.

Update* Looks like a no go, the shop will not go below $500, I do not want to pay more than $400 as there are too many unknowns whether this will work for me. I also can buy almost 17 pairs of boots with $100 to help the families in the dump.

Atlas A&M Exposure Unit