Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Platinum Printing Buy: A Good Quality Used UV Exposure Unit

I managed to pick up a UV exposure unit locally at an extremely good price of $25. It measures in at about 24"x 36", is second-third hand but in good shape. The one drawback is that it does not have a vacuum unit and I will be forced to use contact printing frames to make my Platinum/Paladium, Platinum or Paladium prints.

I feel quite lucky to have a professionally manufactured unit and not some small, crude, hand made, half assed type thing that kinda works and mostly of does not work. I have photo friends who went all cheapo when it came to UV exposure units, they usually have nothing but problems with their contraptions. When your spending all that money on platinum chemistry, why use crap UV Units to expose the prints? It makes no sense.

I will keep an eye out for a high end Nuarc 26-1K or Nuarc 26-1Ks vacuum exposure unit and purchase one when it eventually becomes available. For now I will use my $25 beauty. Maybe this is all I will need.

Update* As a bonus the seller threw in a nice little IKEA table, thank you Graham!

My new-used UV exposure unit, 24x36 inches