Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Nice Meeting And New Group Meeting

Went to my first photo club meeting of the year, a nice night with some good people. The photos were nice, especially two works, one of an ominous haunted tree like landscape, another a detail of the opera house in Sydney Australia. Not all the work showing was to my taste but heck taste is a matter of opinion, my opinion is no more valid than anyone else's. One of the members was a still a bit ruffled by something I wrote in this blog about the club way back in 2012 (time to get over it, it's just an opinion who cares!) but other than a few snide remarks, nothing came of it. Not sure how much longer I will be in the club, I have sort of branched out in a very different direction than the other members, we do not have a lot in common now outside of a general love for creating and photography. I will have to see how things flow in the coming meetings, next time I want to bring some  new prints last night I took nothing to show (rare for me). The club is filled with some very intelligent and knowledgeable people and brings in important outside judges, so I would hate to quit the club. I might get booted out by the other members :) that is a distinct possibility but I hate to quit the group on my own.

I am meeting up with the new photography group later this month also ("The Photographic Society of Alberta"? Edmonton Photographic Society, Edmonton Society of Photography). Am looking forward to seeing how that group develops there are some extremely gung-ho and committed folks involved. The PSA, EPS, ESP has a mixture of people of various ages and styles of photography, including documentary photography which is my main interest.