Friday, January 31, 2014

Nice Email, More Talks?

I might be doing more talks in the future at the UofA, will see how it goes. I would enjoy doing more of these, they get easier as they go along and I am getting more experienced at it. It is also encouraging to show your work and maybe have a bit of teaching impact, maybe showing the work and doing a bit of talking will lead to something larger, maybe a domino will fall that leads a student on an meaningful path in their lives.
Here is a bit from the email I got related to the last talk:
----------
Hi Gerry,
Sorry for the delay and don’t mention the small gift.  You made a huge impact on my students and I would love to invite you again next year to share your images.  I admire your faithfulness to the historical and conventional photography…..
S.....