Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2 Hours Sleep, 12 Hours Work!

I had just come off my regular work week, a 7 day 12 hour shift night security guard schedule. So there I am ready to start my 90 days of straight printing, I had had my good meeting with the Edmonton Society of Photographers group. I had set up the darkroom, selected some negs and turned on the darkroom heater. I thought I am a bit tired so will take a short nap then get up and print. Then the phone rang! "Can you come in tomorrow to work, we have no guards for the day shift." "Tomorrow morning? Dayshift? What time is it?" "130 am" "But I haven't slept and I would need to get up at 430am to go to work." "We have no one else to call, your our only option" some painful thinking then I thought I have to go. "OK I will come in." A rush upstairs to make some kind of lunch, a rush around the house to prepare my security uniform, to bed at 230am up at 430am and off to work for a 12 hour day shift. So much for printing!

Am going to go home in 15 minutes, crash until I feel better then wake up and print! I have nothing to wine about it's not like I was digging ditches all day or some other very difficult physical work like in the dump or on the the fields in Nepal but gosh do I feel like crap right now, 14 minutes more work then I am off home to bed, the darkroom awaits! Looks like my 90 days will be January 22 to April 22 now.