Friday, February 22, 2013

Things Coming Together

The trip to Thai is a ways off yet but am preparing my gear. I bought a second pair of light pants, another long sleeve sweat shirt and some cheap short ankle level rubber boots (for walking in the dump area of Mae Sot).  I plan on traveling very light, the boots and a pair of old sandles, one pair of socks for the plane, 2 light pants, 3 love sleeve sweat shirts, 3 boxers and that's it for clothing.

The camera gear is a bit more problematic. One Leica M6 with 28mm lens (if it is repaired in time), the Linhof 4x5 with 150mm lens are for sure takes. I am wondering thou on these maybe take with me items, a second M6 body, a 21mm lens and or a 50 mm lens. The other possibles are a Hasselblad Xpan camera with 45mm lens and maybe even the 90mm lens. I am also considering taking the 75mm, 90mm and 300mm lens for the Linhof.  How much film should I take?

Other essentials include a tripod (probably go with the lightweight smaller version Chinese carbon fiber I own) and the reflector. I need to take a film changing tent and spot meter as well. Another decision that needs to be made is do I go with the plastic 4x5 holders like in the past or switch to 3 or 4 Grafmatic backs. If I choose the Grafmatic way I need to confirm there are no light leaks in the backs I choose.

My rather loose fitting size 13 green rubber boots.