Thursday, February 7, 2013

Swiss Corner Redux?

I had a meal with my friend Larry last night and he told me about a print of his that is going to be shown in London as part of Royal National Geographic show. The print will be shown along with 50 others under acrylic with swiss corners, the photograph will bleed right to the plastic edge with no over mat. Heck if they can show prints that way in London at a more major show than mine, then why can't I do it at the photoNOLA photography festival?

I am still going to proceed with the aluminum mounting (for the Scott Edwards gallery sex worker photos) but I am a bit worried about the overall weight of the package. If I have weight or mounting problems with the aluminum I will revert back to the swiss corner acrylic idea. If is good enough for Larry's London show at an important venue, it is certainly good enough for Mr. Yaum.