Sunday, August 12, 2012

Up All Night

I had another good night of printing last night. Spent 7 or 8 hours working on a number of prints. I still have to bleach and tone the prints from the last day and a half. I am a bit worried as I have put a 24 hour deadline on wet prints (because of past problems), am worried the emulsion will become to soft if I do not get on these soon. I am printing older Agfa Classic FB (paper not made anymore), in the past these seem to take being wet better than the Ilford warmtone FB.

Now I am off to buy another 60 cassettes for $25 to add to my collection, then I want to shoot a few handheld Banarama 4x5 shots of my fathers old abandoned work site before coming home and finishing off the prints. I feel much better about the darkroom work I did this week, its good to be back on the printing horse, I need to double down now and work in the dark as much as I can. My next week off I will only get 3 days as I am working 4 OT shifts (happy to make the extra money), in those 3 days I need to do at least 2 long printing sessions.