Friday, August 24, 2012

Banarama 2 And Flash

I am making up images tonight to include in my grant submission to the Alberta Foundation for the Arts. Several of the 4x5 Banarama 2  flash shots (Polaroid Razzle conversion camera) seem to be making the final cut. I need to try to do more work with this camera in the future, I like the tiny bit of Weegee/Diane Arbus feel to them. The flash and large negative create a very detailed and harsh take on things, worth more exploration I think. Dean Jones is currently making Kermit for me, Kermit is a green version of my yellow Banarama with a 90mm lens. The Kermits wider angle of view and slight distortion might even make the combination with flash more compelling.

Here are some of the Banarama 2 (135mm lens) shots that might be in the grant submission dvd:

Hauling goods across the Thai Cambodian Border, Poipet Cambodia 2011
Young Boxer Klong Toey Slum Gym, Bangkok Thailand 2012
Nit 50 Sex Worker, Bangkok Thailand 2011
Young Boxer 2 Klong Toey Slum Gym, Bangkok Thailand 2012