Thursday, August 9, 2012

Another Try

Well next week when I am doing my security nightshifts I will take my iMac and work on my second grant attempt with the Alberta Foundation for the Arts folks. The deadline is Sept.1 and I will ask for $5000 (as opposed to $15000 last time) for my "Families of Mae Sot Garbage Dump" photography project. I hope I can get the money to do this, if I cannot get the grant I will have to hold off the trip from the beginning of the year (April/May) to probably the last months of 2013 November/December, either way nothings going to stop me making these important photographs (at least in my view they have value and importance). If I have to work and save my security money for another 6 months and shorten the trip from 7 weeks to 5 or even 3, I will do that, these photos are going to be made.

The trip/film/processing/printing will probably cost over $10 000.