Thursday, August 9, 2012

Printing Better Now

During the last couple off work periods when I have tried printing the whole week I had problems getting going, I have struggled to get into the dark early. This week thou I am off to a nice darkroom rhythm, I started printing and worked for 5 or so hours yesterday and will probably put in 8 to 10 hours tonight. I am making up 5 11x14 prints for a friends and family exhibit/night with the mono guild boys (a fun and informal night of photography for the group).

The key to establishing a working routine in the darkroom is I need to get a good rest on my first day  off work (Monday) and then throw myself into the darkroom the next day. Once I get going and start printing my love for photography and the darkroom takes over and everything flows naturally after that, its the getting off my butt and getting to work early that I sometimes botch. Hopefully I can print every day this week, and come up with a load of nice print options for the friends night.

I will probably start developing film again soon as I have a load of 8x10 and some 35 and 4x5 to process. For now thou I will concentrate on the printing, I am an OK printer but want to become outstanding, the only way to become great at anything is to work your ass off!