Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Zoom Talk Coming

Looks like there will be a ZOOM Artist Talk set up with a photo club in England sometime after September. More details to follow. I need to learn ZOOM, never used that software/site before. I think the talk will focus on THE FAMILIES OF THE DUMP. I have been asked to speak by a FaceBook friend, one of the photo club members.

I guess this shows that some photo clubs can think beyond pretty sunsets, bottles with shadows and light paining images.  Some clubs, especially in England seem to create beyond the everyday, mundane pics. English photography clubs are ahead of the game!

I wish more Canadian photography clubs could think outside the box. I wish more members could produce challenging work. 

All the clubs I know of in Edmonton produce the same same kinda pretty, but bland, rather crappy photos. Almost nothing ever pushes new boundaries,. The members do the same thing year in and year out, till they die. The pictures seem to never change. It is all so interchangeable and forgetful.

It seems so sad to make photos on Tuesday that will be forgotten on Wednesday. Everyone does that of course, I do that often. The true crime thou is not even trying to create important, lasting, challenging  and unique photography. The members simply play, follow the leader, creating the same rubbish, most everyone else makes. They do it over and over again. Then they pat each other on the back, endorsing  the mediocrity, ignoring the true reality of the quality of the work.