Sunday, May 1, 2022

AMBROTOS KANATA Thoughts

I am entering my 3rd season of doing wet plate photos. I need to start upping the bar. My eventual goal is to create at least 100 Ultra Large Format (16x20 or larger) ambrotypes for the project before I die. The photos need to be made across the country. I just turned 58, even if I can maintain good health I will probably not physically be able to do ULF work past the age of 75. That leaves me 17 years to get this done. I have 17 years to complete the project!!

I cannot waste any time, these next 10 years or so will be the prime physically able and creative years for AMBROTOS KANATA, now is the time to create the work.

I am going to shoot 16x20 ambrotypes this year. My goal is to create at least 5 important pictures (more possible?). The important pictures need to start coming now. I have decent technique, thou I am still learning, and need to learn more and improve. I have all the toys, cameras, lens, darkroom trailer, motorhome etc. Time to make some bloody good ambrotypes Gerry, no excuses, get it done!

Note* Hoping to retire soon, possibly March of 2023, that will allow more time to create!!