Sunday, September 2, 2018

Shutterbug Artist Talk

I had my practice 45 minute artist talk with the Shutterbug Photography Group today. The talk lasted 112 min! Ended up probably answering over 40 questions. The group of 7 was quite wonderful, everyone listed to my endless gabbing with smiles on their faces.

As a great bonus we managed to raise $150 to help the "Families in the Dump". I will add a new link to the left of this page counting the money raised for the families, which I will hand out in the form of goods next trip (2019). My goal before I leave is to raise $1000. I will add another $150 after my talk on the 22nd at the PAG. I will also try to donate some of the artist fee, thou I had lots of expenses preparing the prints for exhibition. A set of inks for my printer cost $600+, 16x20 fiber photo paper for the darkroom cost $300 USD, etc. Will donate as much of the $1000 artist fee money as I can.

The talk was fun today with a few technical hiccups, but mostly it worked well. I gabbed and gabbed and gabbed some more. I need to focus more and stay on topic. After these things as always I feel a bit embarrassed. I like to hold things in and at talks like this you sorta got to open up your soul. Often afterwords I feel off, like I said too much, shared too much, left too much in the open for all to see. This feeling of being uncomfortable after a talk is quite common for me, happens basically every time. I should get over it in a few days. Guess it lies in my personal securities somewhere. With each talk I do thou, these things get easier, today's was probably the 8 to 10th talk I have done.

I am very happy about the $150, soon to become $300 (my talk in Penticton is on September 22).

I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE SHUTTERBUG CAMERA CLUB (especially Kaye!), FOR THEIR CARING AND GENEROSITY. Your donated money will be used to help those in need, from your hands directly to theirs.

Photo of the talk, thank you Kaye for the image