Saturday, September 15, 2018

Camping In Radium

Am camping in Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia. They have a nice large hot pool in this town. Radium is a place I used to go to with mom and dad and my sister as a young one, it has always been a special place for me. Last night in the pool I imagined my father sitting in the hot water and enjoying it. Dad always loved the pool and spending time in Radium. Wish I had taken him one last time here in 2014 before he died but never thought of it. I will try to bring mom here early in 2019 before it is too late for her as well.

Tonight is the last night here in Radium, will be on the road tomorrow before 11am. I need to be in Penticton for the PAG opening of the "Familes of the Dump" show on the 21st and the talk on the 22nd. The gallery has booked and paid for 3 nights a Ramada hotel in Penticton. A nice big bed, washroom with cable TV and free WIFI will be nice!

The weather this trip has been cold, in Banff their was snow and a temp of -2C ! Penticton seems to be about +17C which will be nice.

Note* Went shopping yesterday from a local thrift store got me:

- 2 times dvd players (Panasonic and Toshiba)
- hard line mobile telephone (Panasonic)
- a small metal tripod
- dvd composite wires x2
- a towel

for $24.47 CAD

and 1 beauty book on the Impressionists for $24.99
3  books on Indigenous culture for $20

Van, Leng Mao (the cat) and the Campsite