Sunday, September 30, 2018

Rental-Workshop Darkroom And Platinum Printing

Now I got to make myself up a second darkroom to rent out. I will also use the second darkroom myself. I plan on doing alternative process platinum printing and possibly wet plate work in this new space. Will get me a high end UV light source. The idea is to print all my better photographs in platinum before I die. Do limited edition box sets of the best images from a lifetime of photography.

I will set up this new darkroom in a large room (my old basement bedroom) in my mom and dads old home. That is a project for this winter, should be lots of work but also fun. Not sure how much I can rent the space for, possibly $40 or $50 an hour, with supplied chemistry (not photo paper). It might be a good way to make a bit of money on the side. I probably have enough gear to set up 4 or 5 darkrooms!!